MASTER DI 1° LIVELLO
MADE IN ITALY - Italian Food and Wine
Made in Italy is an expression that recalls the image of high-quality Italian products throughout the world.
The Enogastronomy traditions are an authentic brand that may symbolise the excellence and uniqueness of the Made in Italy products.
During the course, the following topics will be covered:
- Products and Territories with a geographical indication (GI)(PDO AND PGI, TSG, PAT and SLOWFOOD PRESIDIA PRODUCTS): History, Production, Territoriality; Wines and Territories with a geographical indication (GI, IGT, DOC AND DOCG): History, Production, Territoriality;
- Case Histories of the Study Course on PDO (Protected Denomination Origin) and PGI (Protected Geographical Indications) Products:
- Francesco Nacci, President of the Ceglie Messapica Biscuit Consortium – Slow Food presidium;
- Massimo di Porzio, Vice President of the Vera Pizza Napoletana Association TSG (Traditional Speciality Guaranteed);
- Giuseppe de Martino, President of the Pasta di Gragnano PGI (Protected Geographical Indication) Consortium;
- Gaetano Mastrantoni , PAT (Prodotto Agroalimentare Tradizionale – traditional processed agricultural product) Bufala Priverno;
- Nicola Bertinelli, President of Parmigiano Reggiano PDO (Protected Denomination Origin) Consortium
- Ethics and Sustainability: The future of Food&Wine productions.
In addition, students shall learn the principles of ethics and sustainability and product communication and marketing, with references to the Italian food and wine products
The course aims to let international students know how Made in Italy Food&Wine is born and which are the main products certified according to European rules, also through company case histories basing on interviews with experts in the field, that shall give students a unique opportunity to turn the passion for the product into a path of professional growth.
The course is aimed to all those interested in:
- starting a managerial career in the Food and Wine industry;
- becoming expert in hospitality services;
- becoming expert in communication in the Food&Wine sector or in retailing and tourism sector.
This Postgraduate Master Course will be delivered online through our didactic platform available 24/7
The distance learning system shall provide assisted learning along a predetermined educational path, with access to didactic materials specifically developed, with a wide range of interactive individual and group activities, supervised by tutors and experts in the field, able to interact with students and to answer their enquiries.
The study of the didactic materials, both digital (video lessons of the lecturers with graphic animations) and on paper support (lecture notes and/or texts), is conducted according to the time schedules and personal availability of the student.
Students may avail of video lessons for the study of theoretical knowledge, of bibliographies and sitographies, in addition to notes and documents necessary for the acquisition of practical skills.
Students are expected to:
• study the didactic material specifically arranged;
• participate in online activities;
• successfully meet the required learning outcomes of each module as stated in course outline in order to pass the assignments;
• revise the assignments according to the lecturers’ comments in an event of the failure to meet one or more of the learning outcomes for each module;
• successfully pass the final dissertation defence real time via digital tools.
The following access qualifications are required:
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification (EQF level 6)